Home > Commercial Banking > Merchant Services > How Phone Payments Work
How Phone Payments Work
- Simply key-in the required routing information to a Virtual Terminal as part of your ordering process.
- Hand-enter the information to populate data fields. Hit “Enter” and the transaction validation begins!
- The gateway will verify the check writer data against the National Check Network (NCN) database. Any checks with a “decline” response are not processed and you will receive a message. An authorization will be given on credit card transactions.
- Transactions are submitted to the ACH network. Gateway batches all checks at 1:00 a.m. Central Time daily.
- Funds are automatically deposited in your Commerce Bank account within 3 business days.