Savings Account How-To's
You can make deposits in person, or electronically.
In person: Just follow the same procedures as for a checking account deposit. You'll find deposit slips in the back of your savings account book.
At an ATM: If you have ATM card access to your savings account, you can make deposits at an ATM.
- Take the deposit envelope from the front of the ATM. No deposit slip is required
- Write the amount of your deposit on the outside of the envelope and then seal it with your cash and/or endorsed checks inside (note: you can't deposit coins into an ATM)
- Insert or swipe your ATM or debit card
- Enter your PIN
- Choose "Deposit"
- Select the account into which you wish to make the deposit
- Using the keypad, enter the amount of your deposit
- Take your receipt and your card, and record your deposit in your savings account book
Electronically: You can use direct deposits or online banking to make deposits into your savings account.
- If your paycheck is directly deposited into your checking account, your employer may be able to deposit a portion of your pay into your savings account.
- Or, you can have your whole paycheck deposited into your savings account. Just provide your employer with your bank's routing number and your savings account number.
Online or by phone: You can transfer funds between accounts online
One time transfer - If you have money in checking that you want to move to savings, you can do a one-time transfer.
Recurring transfer - You can also set up your accounts to regularly transfer a specific dollar amount from checking to savings.
You can withdraw money from your savings account directly, or transfer money to your checking account and then withdraw it.
In person: Just complete a withdrawal slip and present it to the teller at your nearest branch.
At an ATM: If you have debit card access to your savings account, you can make withdrawals at an ATM.
- Insert your ATM card or debit card
- Enter your PIN
- Choose "Withdrawal"
- Select the account from which you wish to withdraw funds
- Using the keypad, enter the amount you wish to withdraw
- Take your cash, your receipt and your card, and record your withdrawal in your savings account register
- To send an email that contains confidential information, please visit the Secure Message Center where there are additional instructions about whether to use Secure Email or Online Banking messaging.