Scholarships and Grants
Scholarships and grants don't have to be repaid. Scholarships are awarded for all kinds of reasons, including:
- Financial need
- Special interests
- Religious or community affiliations
- National heritage
Apply for as many scholarships as you can. Thousands of dollars in scholarships go unawarded each year. All of these can be good sources for scholarships:
- Your high school guidance counselor's office
- Your college's financial aid office
- Any clubs and organizations to which you belong
- Your church
- Your employer, or your parents' employers
View our Free Money Fact Sheet for more ideas on your scholarship search.
Grants are awarded on the basis of financial need. The government awards over $1 billion in grants annually. Your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) serves as the application for Federal Grants.
- To send an email that contains confidential information, please visit the Secure Message Center where there are additional instructions about whether to use Secure Email or Online Banking messaging.