Money 101: Tips for Managing your Money
- Carefully consider all of your college financing options. Keep in mind student loan payments will impact your financial future.
- Be aware of the debt you owe whether it is a car loan, credit cards or student loans.
- Always pay your bills on time and in full in order to maintain a decent credit score.
- Track all your spending for a month and then make a budget.
- Get in the habit of saving even if it means setting aside $10 a month.
- Take advantage of student discounts in your college town and online.
- Plan ahead and save for special events such as spring break or a large purchase such as a new computer.
- Do research on your major and career choice to know what the potential earnings for that job are after graduation.
- Seek the help of your bank when you have personal financial questions.
- Take charge of your finances and be responsible with your money. It will literally pay off!
- To send an email that contains confidential information, please visit the Secure Message Center where there are additional instructions about whether to use Secure Email or Online Banking messaging.