Using your mySpending Card®
The mySpending Card® is easy to activate, load and manage with Text Alerts.* Follow these simple steps to get up and running in no time!
Activate your Card
- Please sign the back of your Card immediately; by signing the back of your Card, activiating, loading, or using your Card, you agree to the Cardholder Agreement
- Go to the mySpending Card® website at commercebank.com/mySpendingcard and click "Activate My Card"
- Create your username and password
- Your username must be 6-16 characters
- If you purchased your Card in a branch, your initial password will be the 3-digit security code on the back of your Card; you will be asked to create a new password
- If you purchased your Card via the mySpending Card; website, use the password you chose when you purchased the Card
- Choose your PIN for ATM access and PIN-based purchases
- To activate by phone, call 1-888-373-2883. Your initial password will be the 3-digit security code on the back of your Card
Set up Text Alerts*
- Sign in to your mySpending Card account at the mySpending Card; website
- Click "Alert Settings," enter the mobile phone number at which you want to receive Text Alerts, and choose "Continue"
- You will see a Confirmation Page which lets you know that we have sent a text with your Validation Code to your mobile phone number. Choose "Continue" and you will be taken to the Alert Settings page
- Your mobile phone will receive a text message Validation Code from the number "288472." Enter the Validation Code from the text on the Alert Settings page and choose "Verify/Send New Code" in the middle of the page
- On the Verify Text Message Validation Code page, enter your Validation Code again and choose "Submit." You’ll receive a confirmation text on your mobile phone
- Should you have any problems, call the customer service number on the back of your Card
Load your Card
- In the Commerce Bank teller line with cash, cash equivalents**, Commerce Bank checks or by transferring funds from your Commerce checking, savings or money market account
- Via the mySpending Card website using a Commerce Bank debit or credit card
- First, sign in to your mySpending Card account at the mySpending Card; website, select Load Card and Manage Funding Accounts. Add a funding account (Primary Funding Source). This must be a Commerce debit or credit card
- By phone
- Once you have established a Primary Funding Source, you may load your Card by phone
- In Online Banking or Mobile Banking by transferring funds from your Commerce checking, savings or money market account to your mySpending Card
- With Direct Deposit, by completing the Direct Deposit Form attached to your card carrier, or you may obtain a form online on the Account Summary Page or from any Commerce Bank teller. Complete the form and give it to your employer
- First 100 texts per month at no charge, then $0.15 per text. Standard text rates/web access charges from your wireless phone provider may apply; see your wireless phone provider for details.
- Checks drawn on Commerce Bank, travelers checks, and other instruments that can be cashed at the teller window. Additional terms and conditions apply. Please see the Cardholder Agreement for complete details.
- To send an email that contains confidential information, please visit the Secure Message Center where there are additional instructions about whether to use Secure Email or Online Banking messaging.