Mobile Banking FAQs
- What is Commerce Bank Mobile Banking?
- We have taken the most popular features of Online Banking and made them accessible from your mobile device. If you are an Online Banking customer, Mobile Banking allows you to view your account balance, your account activity from the last seven calendar days and to transfer funds between Mobile Banking-eligible accounts.
- What accounts can I access with Mobile Banking?
- Mobile Banking-eligible accounts include personal checking, savings, Credit Cards, CDs and Personal Loan accounts.
- What services are available through Mobile Banking?
- With Mobile Banking, you may:
- View account balances.
- View account activity from the last seven calendar days.
- Transfer funds between Mobile Banking-eligible accounts. You may transfer funds between personal checking, savings and money market accounts. You may also transfer funds from a personal deposit account to a Commerce personal loan or credit card to make a payment. In addition, you may transfer funds from a personal line of credit to a personal deposit account. If your account is a limited transaction account (regular savings or MMA) certain limitations may apply. For more information, please refer to the Online Banking Terms and Conditions and the Deposit Agreement applicable to your account.
- Is there a fee for Mobile Banking?
- Mobile Banking is free for all Commerce Bank customers who have activated Online Banking. Check with your wireless provider for information about fees associated with accessing the Internet from your mobile device.
- How secure is Mobile Banking?
- Mobile Banking employs commercially-reasonable security practices to help ensure your account information remains private and secure. Our security measures include Secure Socket Layer (SSL) 128-bit encryption and device recognition technology which verifies that your mobile device is the one you have asked us to remember or else will challenge you with security questions. Our login process verifies your identity efficiently and safely.
Mobile Banking is covered by the same Online Banking Guarantee as Commerce Bank Online Banking. Our Online Banking Guarantee for personal accounts ensures that you will not be liable in the unlikely event of funds being removed from your account due to the use of Online Banking, either through online theft of your account numbers or password, or by unauthorized removal of funds from your accounts through Online Banking. For more details and limitations, consult the Online Banking Terms and Conditions.
- How do I know if I can use my mobile device for Mobile Banking?
- If you have a mobile device that is capable of reaching the internet you should be able to use Mobile Banking. Your account information and display functionality may differ depending on the browser available to the particular device that you use. Check with your wireless provider for information about fees associated with accessing the Internet from your mobile device.
- What should I do if I lose my mobile device?
- If your mobile device is lost or stolen, immediately contact your mobile device carrier. Be sure to monitor your accounts via Online Banking and notify us immediately if you notice any suspicious activity. Consult the Online Banking Terms and Conditions for more information as to your responsibilities.
- What do I need to get started?
- You can start using Mobile Banking if you:
- Have activated Commerce Bank Online Banking.
- Have one or more Mobile Banking-eligible active personal accounts.
- Have a mobile device with internet access.
- How do I begin using Mobile Banking?
- Download the Commerce Bank for iPhone app from the App Store, the Commerce Bank Android app from the Google Play Store or type www.commercebank.mobi into the web browser on your mobile device and login to your account. Enter your Online Banking Customer ID in the Login screen and continue to the next screen where you must verify your Security Image and enter your Password.
After you successfully log in, you will be presented with your Account Summary screen that displays your Mobile Banking-eligible accounts and balances. If you want to see account activity, select the account you’re interested in and the last 30 days activity will be displayed.
- Can I transfer funds in Mobile Banking?
- Yes. You can make same day transfers between your Mobile Banking-eligible accounts. All you need to do is select Transfer Funds and follow the screen prompts.
You may transfer funds between personal checking, savings and money market accounts. You may also transfer funds from a personal deposit account to a Commerce personal loan or credit card to make a payment. In addition, you may transfer funds from a personal line of credit to a personal deposit account. If your account is a limited transaction account (regular savings or MMA) certain limitations may apply. For more information, please refer to the Online Banking Terms and Conditions and the Deposit Agreement applicable to your account.
- What if my password contains special characters that are not on my phone?
- In order to use mobile banking you will need to change your password to one that can be entered on your mobile device.
- What if I forget my password?
- If you forget your password, log in to your Online Banking account on your personal computer and click on the Forgotten Password link. It will prompt you through the process needed to reset your password.
- To send an email that contains confidential information, please visit the Secure Message Center where there are additional instructions about whether to use Secure Email or Online Banking messaging.