Acceptable Forms of Identification
To open a checking account, you will need to provide two forms of identification, one form of primary identification and one form of secondary identification; or two primary forms. The following list includes acceptable forms of primary and secondary identification:
Primary Identification Documents
- Drivers license with photo, issued by a State or Territory of the U.S.
- Identification Card with photo, issued by a State or Territory of the U.S.
- Valid U.S. Passport with photo
- Valid Passport, from country other than U.S., with photo and with a valid I-94 or I-551 card or stamp
- Foreign issued ID – Matricula Consular issued by a consulate’s office of the country of Mexico
Secondary Identification Documents
- Major or local debit/credit card embossed with name (does not include gift cards)
- College ID of institution where applicant is currently enrolled
- Utility Bill bearing name/address used for opening account
- Rental/Lease Contract for current residence
- Documentation of home ownership for current residence
- Current State Issued Learner’s Permit
- Permanent Resident Card
- Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization
- Immigration form I-571
- Certified Copy of Court Order: Must contain full name and date of birth. Examples include: Adoption document, name change document
- Employment Authorization Card (with photograph) issued by a U.S. Federal Government agency
- Kansas Temporary Driver’s License Receipt (only valid if issued within the last 30 days)
- To send an email that contains confidential information, please visit the Secure Message Center where there are additional instructions about whether to use Secure Email or Online Banking messaging.