Home > Tax Forms FAQs
Tax Forms FAQs
- When will I receive my tax forms from Commerce Bank?
- Commerce Bank will mail your original paper tax forms by January 31st. Please contact us at 1-800-453-2265 if you do not receive your tax forms by February 15th.
- Will I receive a 1099 from Commerce Bank if I earned less than $10.00 of interest?
- No. Commerce Bank does not provide a 1099 to customers who earned less than $10.00 of interest in a calendar year.
- Can my tax forms be mailed to a different address?
- Yes. Please call us at 1-800-453-2265 and our Customer Contact Center can assist you.
- Why did I receive a 1099 for a More Than Free or myRewards incentive bonus?
- The cash bonus is considered interest by the IRS. If the bonus meets or exceeds $10.00, it is required to be reported on Form 1099-INT.
- Whom do I call if I have questions about my tax forms?
- Please call us at 1-800-453-2265.
- Can I view copies of my tax forms online?
- Personal Online Banking customers can view copies of their current tax forms inside Online Banking. Please log in to Online Banking and click "CUSTOMER SERVICE" then "View Tax Forms" in the "Statements & Account Information" section.
If you need a copy of a correction notice, please contact us at 1-800-453-2265.
Commercial and Small Business customers can not view copies of their tax forms online at this time. Commercial and Small Business customers can direct their questions or requests for copies to our Customer Contact Center at 1-800-453-2265.
- Can I view copies of previous year's tax forms online?
- No. Only copies of current tax forms are made available online. Please contact us at 1-800-453-2265 if you have questions regarding previous tax years.
- Will I continue to receive my paper tax forms?
- Yes. Copies of tax forms are available online for your convenience, but you will still receive your original paper tax forms in the mail.
- Who can view copies of tax forms online?
- Personal Online Banking customers can view copies of their original tax forms for those accounts associated with their Social Security Number online.
- Why does the tax statement I view online show my complete SSN but the one I received in the mail does not?
- For your protection, only the last four digits of the Taxpayer ID number will show on the printed statement that was mailed to you. However, the complete number shows in the online copy which has been reported to the IRS and, where applicable, to state and local governments.
- I have a joint account; why can't I access copies of the tax forms related to this account online?
- Tax forms are issued, and copies are made available to view online, to the primary account holder only. The primary account holder, whose Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) appears on the tax statement itself, is the individual whose name appears first on the account.
- Can I view my correction notice online?
- No. Copies of your original current tax forms are made available online. Please contact us at 1-800-453-2265 if you need a copy of a correction notice.
- What if I need copies of additional tax forms that are not provided online?
- Please contact us at 1-800-453-2265.
- Is there a fee to view copies of my tax forms online?
- No, there is no fee associated with viewing or printing copies of your tax forms online.
- Consult a tax advisor for advice.
- IRS Circular 230 Disclosure: As required by U.S. Treasury Regulations, you are hereby advised that any written tax advice contained on this website was not written or intended to be used (and cannot be used) by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed under the U.S. Internal Revenue Code.
To send an email that contains confidential information, please visit the Secure Message Center where there are additional instructions about whether to use Secure Email or Online Banking messaging.