You’re protected when you use your Commerce Bank Card to shop online and anywhere else. Commerce Bank works 24/7 to detect, prevent and resolve fraud. And if by chance an unauthorized transaction does occur, you won’t be held liable.1
Fraud Prevention Tools
- Chip Technology. Every time you use your Commerce Bank Chip Card at a chip terminal, the embedded chip generates a unique transaction code.
- Apple Pay™. When you use Apple Pay, your card information is NOT stored on the device, nor on Apple servers. Instead, a digital account number is used and passed to the merchant.
- Suspicious Card Activity Alert. When you sign up for Suspicious Card Activity Alerts in Online Banking, we will send you an Alert via text message if your Commerce Bank consumer debit or credit card transaction is flagged due to potential suspicious activity.
- Visa Checkout. When you use Visa Checkout, your card information is stored behind multiple layers of security.
- Lock Your Card. Temporarily block new purchases and ATM withdrawals, without interrupting recurring payments. When you find your card, just unlock it and begin using it again. Log in to Online Banking to manage your card.
Read our Card Security Tips below to help you protect your card information.
Real-Time Fraud Detection
Using best-in-class solutions for Real-Time Fraud Monitoring, we screen your account 24/7 to detect suspicious card activity outside your normal pattern. We’ll alert you by phone if we suspect fraud on your Commerce Bank Card.
Count on Zero Liability Protection
Our fraud specialists are here to help if an unauthorized transaction occurs on your Commerce Bank Card. You are covered with Zero Liability1 protection so you don’t pay for the unauthorized use. We will also provide you a new card at no additional cost, if needed.
Call us immediately if your card is ever lost or stolen or if you discover fraudulent transactions.
Card Security Tips
- If your card is ever lost or stolen, report it immediately to Commerce Bank.
- Take the time to regularly monitor your account using Online Banking and Mobile Banking and report any unauthorized activity immediately.
- Sign up for Suspicious Card Activity text alerts in Online Banking.
- Keep receipts from your card transactions and balance your account when you receive your monthly statement.
- Don’t allow anyone else to use your card.
- Make sure you memorize your PIN and don’t share it with anyone.
- Never give your PINs or passwords to anyone. Your bank will never ask for your PIN or password.
- Check any ATM you use to make sure the card reader is not an attachment. Many fraudsters will attach separate readers to the ATM to steal your card information.
- Be sure to get your card back when you use it for purchases.
- If you’re shopping online, be sure the website you’re visiting is secure (indicated by https://) before you enter your card number.
- Keep a list of all your card numbers in a safe and secure place and include the telephone numbers to call if your cards are ever lost or stolen.
Report a Lost or Stolen Card
Consumer Credit Card:800-645-2103
Business Credit Card:800-892-7104
Customer must notify Commerce Bank within 60 days of receiving the first statement with unauthorized activity. For specific restrictions, limitations and other details, please consult Commerce Bank.
To view or print a PDF file, Adobe® Reader® 9.5 or above is recommended. Download the latest version.